Creating a Social Media Plan
- The Marketing Studio
It’s no secret that social media implementation takes time, planning and consistency. But a social media presence in most cases is important as part of your marketing mix. We’re not saying that you have to throw a load of money at it but a large number of the population use social media and it's important to be there.
More and more businesses are interacting with social media platforms, however many start to lose momentum with regular content and don't realise the planning required and time needed to create interesting content.
Where to start? A well-built plan should include:
- A clear list of goals and objectives, e.g. follower goals, and post engagements.
- Review your existing social media presence
- Look at what your competitors are doing
- Create a social media content calendar
Why should you do this? A social media plan helps:
- Maintain consistent posting schedules across channels
- Avoid last-minute rushing to find content to share
- Stop missing the boat on trending topics due to poor planning
In short, an effective plan helps you get better results, and work more efficiently, with less stress, meaning you’re more likely to keep at it.
Below is a quick outline of some of the most popular social platforms and the type of content you should be posting.
- Facebook – Houses lots of information, content includes updates, news, sales, and offers.
- Instagram – Inspirational images, it’s all about the look and feel of the overall feed.
- LinkedIn – Professional network, great for business-to-business and shouting about your expertise in your field/ industry and providing your followers with interesting and helpful content.
- Twitter – very conversational, question and answer, news updates and customer service
- Pinterest - Inspirational images, discover ideas, lifestyle imagery.
- Tik Tok - Inspirational short and fun video content.
For any assistance with your social media planning please contact us!
About The Marketing Studio
THE MARKETING STUDIO is committed to helping you grow your business. Whether it be online or offline, we provide a full service including your marketing strategy, communications and design, and will assist you in strengthening your brand.